Glenn Lyford

Default I need a welder

I can buy scrap from a local fabricator for $.05 a pound. 6013 is,
what, $2/lb? For $25 Tim can buy 50lb of scrap and 5lb each of 3/32 and
1/8 6013 and be practicing.

I'd recommend 7014, since it's so easy to run with a buzzbox...
7018AC is nice too. Keep an eye out in the local Pennysaver/WantAd/
Uncle Henry's/Town Crier or whatever it is they call the local
classified ad magazine or paper in your neck of the woods. Look
for a Lincoln 225AC or Miller Thunderbolt, you will occasionally see
them for maybe $50. Don't be scared by bad paint. For only $15 more
than that auction welder with shipping you'll be a _lot_ happier. I've
tried to use one of those little 110v welders and it was truly miserable.
It will take patience and persistence to find the deal, though.

--Glenn Lyford