Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question re 3M safest Stripper

In article uC0sg.4483$Ep.2488@trnddc08,
Brian Siano wrote:
I'm using Safest stripper on a furniture project (see
http://www.briansiano.com for details), and I have a question.

It's somewhat difficult to ensure that a nice, even coat of stripper
goes on. Since Safest Stripper is water-based, would it be worth it to
dilute the stuff so i could use a pump to spray it on evenly?

I know this would probably make it less effective, or make it work
slowly, but I can work with that: I'd just leave the stripper on for
longer, with plastic wrap on top to keep it moist.

But has anyone tried this?

It's a coat of stripper, not a coat of varnish. It doesn't have to be
a "nice , even coat."

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland