Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson Colin Wilson is offline

Default OT - What can I buy the wife

Some people are just useless when it comes to buying pressies - i`m one
of them...

Do you have the same problem when shopping around for something you want?

Funnily enough, I do, unless its something really specific - and even
then i`ll usually ignore the idea for a couple of months. Of course,
there are some impulse buys, but the same applies to the missus - if
there`s anything that catches her eye, all she has to do is ask, time of
year or proximity to a "memorable date" has nothing to do with it.

I say ask, because, being a bloke, i`m completely unaware of the
subtleties of "ooh, isn't that nice", and many a time i`ve bought
something misunderstanding her meaning of "nice" only to find she meant
completely the opposite - we once ended up in Las Vegas on holiday for
exactly that reason !

I doubt it, you think about it because you're enthusiastic about it. It's a
pity you're not as enthusiastic as making a gift to someone you're fond of.

No, i`m just plain ol' clueless :-}