Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT - What can I buy the wife

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 16:20:27 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
. net...
Mary, it's close on 40 years, and I still haven't got a clue how her
mind works!
You're not trying :-)

Some people are just useless when it comes to buying pressies - i`m one
of them...

Do you have the same problem when shopping around for something you want?

Why would anyone, only sorting out the best vfm etc?

I doubt it, you think about it because you're enthusiastic about it.

Or are shopping with a purpose?

Quite :-)

It's a
pity you're not as enthusiastic as making a gift to someone you're fond
of.

*We* rarely buy / make / give each other anything because 1) we don't
feel a need to and 2) generally would wouldn't know what to get for
each other and 3) we don't 'do' birthdays, wedding anniversaries,
xmyth etc?

No, but the OP does, apparently.

That's not to say I have never bought / made / done something for my
wife *because* I know she would like / need / want it though (but not
on any particular date?) ?

I suspect many folk buy / get / do something with / for their partners
purely because it's expected and they would never hear the last of it
if they didn't.

I can't cope with all those slashes ...

We are closer than that ..

All the best ..

T i m

Like the (mainly) guys who do all their last minute shopping at the
petrol stations on their way home on the day .. but it's the thought
that counts isn't it? ;-)

It's marketing to suckers.

Mary