Posted to uk.d-i-y
Carl Muller Carl Muller is offline

Default Dyson Cylinder Vac - Problem?

Long shot this one .....
We have a Dyson cylinder vac (DC05) which has been performing well over the
past
three years. However, now the exhaust air coming from the motor (through the
hole
where the cable enters the cable reel) is very hot. It feels a bit like a
fan heater output now!
The air coming out has always been "warm" as one would expect but now it's
getting
hot, almost uncomfortable to the touch. Also the cable & plug eventually get
quite warm.
A couple of weeks ago I had to fit a new plug because the cable had broken
where it enters
the moulded plug. Everything looks fine with the replacement, it's got a 13A
fuse so I don't
think that causes the problem.
Suction appears to be normal as well.
Anyone got thoughts on this one? I have also asked Dyson the question but
that may
take a while. Perhaps the motor is end of life? I am not really comfortable
with opening
up the machine .....
Many thanks,
Klaus - High Wycombe