Barry S.

Default I need a welder

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:05:19 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"DanK" wrote in message
Classes aren't cheap but the one I have been taking at night, you almost
pay for the course with what consumables you use. We were taught on a
variety of rods, doing mainly fillets on the horizontal.

ABSOLUTELY! Just the price of steel and rods (which most schools have
donated) make it a deal. Then, you get to use machine beveled materials in
some courses, which is expensive stuff. Particularly in pipe classes.

I tend to think that classes ARE cheap. If they charged a person for the
steel and rods at the going rate, the price would jump up quite a bit.
IMHO, that is.

And when you come to aluminum and stainless, the price goes through the
roof.

I took a 3 unit TIG class. $33 (was $11/unit, they just went up to
$18/unit) It's too bad the TIG pipe class is never offered at a time
I can take it....

Welders: Miller Aerowave and Synchowaves and assorted other heavy duty
units. (Water cooled torches.)

Materials: Provided.. We welded mostly thin aluminum and stainless.
No additional materials fee. All the Tungstens I contaminated,
ground, recontaminated, and eventually required replacing probably
cost as much as the class..

I also took a 4 unit intro course where they covered, SMAW, GTAW,
GMAW, O/A, Plasma Cutting. I went through atleast 10 lbs of
electrodes.. I also used lots of electricity, gas, wire, metal
coupons.. Cost $44.

Instructor w/ 20+ years of experience.. Cost: Included!

Grand Total: $77 for a semester of welding. Money well spent...

Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
N38.6 W121.4