Posted to alt.home.repair
sky sky is offline

Default worlds slowest ceiling fan.

Do you have any qualms about taping a wire nutted connection?
mm wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:22:49 GMT, "Frankly"
wrote:

Hello Group.

I just installed a ceiling fan but the darn thing turns soooooo sloooooow.
I called hunter tech support which is the worst i have ever seen.

the fan turns very slow on the fastest setting it turns as fast as the
slowest setting should turn about 50rpms. tech support told me that it
could be the reciver for remote. i dont think it is.
i think i may have to take the whole fan down again and check to see if all
the wires are making a good connection. i had a hard time with the 2 wires
that come out of the ceiling and am wondering if they are connected but just
a little loose would that cause the fan to turn sooooo slooooooow.

The others have solved your problem, but for the record, you shouldn't
make a connection whose tightness you'll have any doubt about later
but I've never seen a case where a loose connection did something but
diddn't work completely. I'm not talking about a case where a light
goes on and off, but even that might prove my point. It may be so
loose that it goes off some times, but when it is on, it's usually at
full brightness. If it's not fully bright, it's because it's about to
off again.

thank you.

Frank