Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Default Replacing glass in sliding glass door

If it is dual pane as you say it may be cheaper to replace it. The dual pane
glass assembly has a gas between the two panes and buying the replacement
dual pane glass assembly can be quite expensive.

Making your wife happy could be a great investment.

Craig

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"Godfrey Muganda" wrote in message
I just had the misfortune of having the glass on my sliding glass door shot
out
with a BB gun. The door has a double pane, the outer pane
is shattered and gone, the inner one is still there. I am looking for
advice on repair/replacement.

1. Is it possible to just replace the glass?

2. Is it better to replace the frame that holds the glass panes?

3. Should I replace the entire door? This is what my wife would like.

Are any of these something a newbie could do on their own, to save on
labor?
What would be the relative costs?

Thank you kindly for any responses and advice, including options I may not
have considered.

Godfrey