Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Is there an easier way to rough out interior endgrain?

George suggests in good natured humor that I turn bowls or something for
a break, but that doesn't answer the op subject. I do turn bowls, but
not for a break. I do that by canoeing & reading. I was merely wondering
out loud about trying a different turning technique. I think there is a
place on rcw for wondering, but maybe not.

Reporting my usually impractical or silly tinkerings is perhaps tiresome
or even counterproductive in a largely Q&A forum and it's certainly not
comparable, but I'm glad that David Ellsworth didn't give up on making
small mouth hollow forms or Roy Child abandon deepening his round shaft
gouge flutes or many turners didn't reject sweeping their short bevels
back.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter