Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack william kossack is offline

Default Is there an easier way to rough out interior endgrain?

extenders for the forstner is also available. Just make sure you get
the one with 4 set screws to hold the shaft in place.

Larry Blanchard wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:

I'm thinking that forstners are maybe too short. I've got the obligatory
set of them and I don't think the shanks are much more than three inches or
so. They'd do fine for shallow objects - I've used them for that - but I've
never seen Long forstners, say 6-12 inches.

Someone (Craft Supplies?) sells a Morse taper extender. Could you drill to
the depth of the Forstner, put the extender between the drill chuck and the
tailstock, and drill another 5 inches or so?