Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default I feel like a furniture whore!

Stoutman wrote:
I paid for some!! I promised myself I would buy NO more furniture. But I
can't make chairs man! Or is it I'm scared? I'm afraid of the dishing out
the seat part and keeping it consistent from chair to chair.

You think your average person's cheeks are symmetrical? They're not.
Go ahead, measure. I suggest you measure good-natured people you
already know - or wear a helmet and a cup.

As far as shaping the chair seats, that can be done with a couple or
three router templates to rough them out. If you don't go nuts with
the fine-tuning, they'll look and feel identical.