Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeannot Jeannot is offline

Default Shallow well far from the garden: Pump location question

I never heard about drip irrigation, but it sure sounds great, I'll
research it. If I go with drip irrigation, the flow is probably less
important so I would be able to locate it in the garden.

My farmer neighbor who lived there for about 341 years knows the well
to be very productive. And I really do not care about drying it, my
house has its own well about 450 feet away.

I will trench the wiring and piping myself by hand, my wife and I
managed a rate of about 3ft/min last time we trenched some PVC.

The pump manual claims it is self priming, well, I hope it is. If not,
is there some kind of device/kit/mecanism I can add?.

Thanks for all your input!