jim

Default Auto spray painting???, welding

i am in my 50's and did alot of stuff around the house, fixing plumbing,
electric, carpentry, mechanic work on cars, electronic repair stuff,
brazing, soldering, using a lathe and milling machine, making or
revising alot of tools that i use on the cars over the years and am
pretty good with my hands at fixting stuff.. i have never been able to
weld satisfactory(i never had anyone to guide me) i would like to learn
to weld and spraypaint autos, but dont want to spend two years in a tech
school with all the kids, it would kill me.. i remember doing some
research on geneology a few years back and was sitting in the library
looking at the micro film and nothing but college age kids(it was the
college library) guys trying to pick up the girls with all their silly
pickup lines- i wonder if i sounded just as stupid way back when???....
any suggestions.. i can buy all the stuff, like the spray gun,
compressor(already got a small one, 1-hp sears, i know its not big
enough).... and a cheap welder, possible electric,, i bought one from
sears about 15 yrs. ago it was suppose to be a $99. seller back then and
they cut it down to $50.. could enver do much with it other than using
the carbon arc torch to braze with the machine was not adjustable, just
one setting.... still got it, i pieces in the garage... never used it in
about 12 yrs......
any help guiding me in the direction to lean this would be
appreciated......