GMasterman

Default Filling in old swimming pool--some metal content

I filled a 20X40 gunite pool last year. Pool was built in 1959. I thought it
would be an easy job to just bust the apron and the top 24 inched of the walls
and push them in the hole and cover with dirt. No way. The cornors were 12
inches thich with lot's of rebar in them. A backhoe buchet would not break it
without lot's of effort. The sides were thinner and broke up easier, but still
not as easy as I expected. I had dirt hauled in byt the 25 yd dumptruck. The
whole job cost me $4000