Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Dave" wrote in message
Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?

Were you around when we had metal dustbins with metal lids and nobody but
rubbish in bags?

The noise was unbelievable (the lids rarely fitted properly after being
bashed around). The binners would lift the bins onto their backs and
simply tip the rubbish, ash and other light stuff flying all over the
street, and the stinking, often open, vehicle bouncing over the cobbles to
the next house.

Metal bins! Cobbles! You were lucky. We had to get up just after 't bin men
'ad gone, scrape rubbish together w't tongue all week on earth and spit it
into back o' t'orse &cart. Young people today...cont on p 94

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)