Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

"Dave" wrote in message
Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?

Were you around when we had metal dustbins with metal lids and nobody but
rubbish in bags?

The noise was unbelievable (the lids rarely fitted properly after being
bashed around). The binners would lift the bins onto their backs and simply
tip the rubbish, ash and other light stuff flying all over the street, and
the stinking, often open, vehicle bouncing over the cobbles to the next
house.

Wheelie bins aren't perfect (nor, as I've said, is people's usage of them)
but the whole system is an enormous improvement on what happened even thirty
years ago here.

Mary