Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Can you paint pressure treated redwood?

mike wrote:
We're building a wooden canopy and the redwood we bought for the
supports feels kind of "moist". Can we prime and paint it, or do we
need to somehow dry it out first? We won't do that. How about a special
primer that works with "moist" pressure treated redwood?

Anybody with experience with this?

Mike

Where did you find pressure treated redwood? I would not use
that as it is the only lumber of its kind in existence. Very
rare. In fact, it is non-existant.

Step two; you should not paint redwood. If you must cover
it, tis better with a penetrating stain applied to preserve
the beauty of the wood, while preserving it.

Step three; It will not be moist after a week or so out in
the air, unless it rains.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.