Posted to rec.woodworking
Myxylplyk Myxylplyk is offline

Default western red cedar grain

Thin the epoxy, acetone or xylene...*keep quantities small*. Font mix up a
half a cup to do
a few dozen blanks, unless you can do them all quickly. My rule of thumb is
to use long cure
epoxy but thin it and treat it like 5-min epoxy. (Heat and those solvent in
large quantities can
get interesting. small quantities are no issue)
This adds the surface strength to allow eyescews to hold well and minimize
hook/tooth damage.
(a second unthinned coat with a little filler is nice to enclose belly
openings and surface imperfections)
If i get a chance, i'll post some pics some time.

Myx
"dadiOH" wrote in message
wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I use an epoxy-type product designed for
clear coating bar tops as a final coat. What I was hoping to find is
a product that would seal the wood before I primer it. Perhaps there
is a primer that would both seal and prime it? I want to have an
additional layer of protection below the clear coat and of course
must have the white primer as a base to paint the lure pattern on.

Shellac

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...