Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default B&Q rant

raden wrote:
In message , ABC
writes

Visited my local B&Q store... across the shelf was a sign "Do Not Touch -
Stocktaking". Managed to speak to a manager, who said "We can not sell you
the item Sir, as we are stocktaking at the moment and the company who is
doing the stocktake forbade us in selling those items".

So they pay a stocktaking company a shedload (ha ha) of money to tell
them what they have on the shelves, which they have to do in real time

You come along with a fiver in your sweaty paw to sabotage this

Do you really think that you are more important to them than their stock take

Sounds like a crossed wire. He should have asked the manager as the
stocktaking usually takes place after hours and the staff would have
been told not to touch such and such a shelf when the store was closed.

I find the rest of it unlikely. But there again they do open long hours
these days. Most large firms have their stock checked at night or on a
day the shop is closed which for KwickSave used to be Sunday.

So the lads would replenish the shelves Saturday last thing as the
store closed, then the checkers would come in all Saturday night and
Sunday.