Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] jjj_soper@hotmail.com is offline

Default Solar?

Bill wrote:
Then put power strips on everything electronic. Things like TV, stereo,
microwave, etc. (electronic stuff) will use electricity when "off". Turn off
power to these things when not in use.

Good advice. I've also read it helps to replace all incandescent bulbs
with compact flourescent, switch to an LCD tv, and replace the desktop
PC with a laptop (uses less juice even when powered from wall).

I just noticed my electrical use is much higher in winter, and we have
a gas furnace and water heater. I think it's the fans in the furnace,
guess it takes some juice to move all that air around.