Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] charry@gmail.com is offline

Default Cutting down vertical blinds.....

After forcing me to repaint our living room, the wife decided on new
blinds so I now have 3 perfectly good verticals that will go to waste,
unless I can cut one of them down (1 of them already fits in another
room, but unless I can get a matching one for the 2nd window in the
room, I still cant use it).

Basically going from a 125" wide setup to a 60" wide setup. Is there
any way to cut down the headrail on the existing vertical? I know I
can use a hacksaw to cut the track, but there is 1 guide and 2 or 3
strings inside the track itself, Im not sure how/what these connect to
yet (havent had a chance to really look at it). I think its even more
complicated by the fact that we have a "split open" instead of "one way
open" blind..........but just for ideas sake Ill assume that doesnt
make a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated......Id hate to see the blinds go
to waste.

Thanks!
-Chris