larry g

Default Filling in old swimming pool--some metal content

We had the road crew dump some piles of wood chips in our pasture figuring
that we would spread them to keep the mud down. By the time I got around to
spreading I found that they had burned from the inside and that only a
hollow mound of chips were left. I was real puzzled when I dug into the
first one to only have it collapse on itself. In the few months that they
sat there I never observed any smoke but they were all ash inside.
lg
no neat sig line
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
If there is a clear path so a truck can back up to it from the street,
then you can contact tree pruning/removal outfits and ask them if they
would divert their wood chip truckloads to the pool for awhile. Those
guys have to pay to dump those wood chips, and they just love it when they
find places willing to take them for free. They will rot down to dirt in
a couple of years and will then be entirely suitable as a soil base. In
essence, you don't do anything and just let them fill it up. I bet it
would be full in a year.