Posted to alt.home.repair

Default heavily carboned new mower spark plug

Possibly l eaky carb float, engine flooding.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"alacat" wrote in message
Tony Hwang wrote:

alacat wrote:

I just installed a new spark plug (the recommended plug) in a Honda
HRT16 lawn mower (bought at Home Depot). This plug was used once

and
ran OK. The second time the mower sputtered and quit. When I
checked the plug, it was covered with heavy black carbon. I

noticed
this on two previous plugs; once last summer and once the summer
prior. Is the mower running too rich? If so, how do I correct
this? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Hi,
Checked air filter? Or oil level?

Thanks. The air filter is clean and the oil was changed Saturday.
Judging from what I read a few moments ago on another mower problem
thread (which I found right after posting this question), my mower is
running much too richly. Still, I don't know what the fix is?