Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Blow torches: are they still used?

wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Try using it on an hourly basis,you cant start a job of stripping
paint and have a blow for ten minutes at a time for the gun to
cooldown.

I have used it, very successfully, for extended periods.

Be there all day.

Why?

The reason I changed from heat gun to propane torch was for the simple
reason when I decided to strip the paint off the bay windows ie the
sandstone structure itself,the paint underneath was very old I'd say it was
lead based as it was melting and sticking like toffee,the gun was doing the
job but the slight wind was degrading the heat from it whereas the butane
torch kept its constant heat on the matter. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite