Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Blow torches: are they still used?

John wrote:
OP he thanks for all the replies, people: very instructive as ever.

I will have a look at the plumber's torch mentioned by one poster,
and also at the Nitromors "mousse" which looks less evil than
traditional Nitromors. I will also look at making my own gel (I
actually have some caustic soda in the garage! (It's next to my can
of creosote.))

Most of all I like the idea of the torch with hose and gas tank, but
that would be overkill for what I'll be doing (two large frames only.
I hope.)

Of course, there's the other question, which hangs at the back of the
mind these days (into my 50s): will I ever need to do this again?!

Cheers Chaps
John

The gas torch is not only a paint stripper but a pipe welder ie soldering
copper pipe together and any other uses you can think of?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite