Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Blow torches: are they still used?

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use a "heat gun", i.e. like a very hot hairdryer. ...

IME useless outdoors and useless on thick, old paint. I use a large

Not my experience.

burner on a flexible hose, fed from a small (7.5kg?) propane bottle.

Colin Bignell

Correct,the heat gun will burn out in no time at all.

Not so. My B&D is still going strong after 20 years.

Torch and propane is the what the external painters use.

Probably because its more convenient that having long leads trailing
about. Or they're just set in they're ways.

MBQ