Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster digitalmaster is offline

Default Lawn Mower Repair Question

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 6 yr old Sears Poulon Pro 22"/w a 6hp B&S Quantum. Anyway I
just rebuilt the carberator on it. I put the complete B&S carb kit on
it. My problem is, it works great for a little while, but after it sits
for a little while, something happens with the float or float needle
and the thing starts leaking gas out of the throat until it emptys my
tank. Its one of those kind with the primer bulb. I'm using clean
freash gas and a clean tank. I've taken it apart a second time. After
putting it back together, being very carefull with assembly of needle
and float, same senario? I've already ruined two new air filters with
gas soaking into them and they aren't cheap.

you may need to adjust the float since it is not shutting off the fuel when
the bowl gets full.Usually you will bend up the tab that the needle rests a
little bit to seat the needle sooner.