ATP

Default Filling in old swimming pool--some metal content

ff wrote:
A neighbor has an old pool which is really poor condition and would
like to just
fill it in and use the space for something else. Question is, what is
the cheapest
and easiest way to fill a big hole in the backyard as far as labor and
materials?
Preferably a do it yourself job, no backhoe available. Just a pickup
and some
wheel barrows. It's 8 feet at the deepest and about 12 x 20 ft.

I was considering sections of corrugated steel culvert pipe surrounded
by rock and gravel but I'm no civil engineer.

ff

It would take less than 70 yards of clean fill to completely fill the pool.
I would break the pool up with a bobcat, once you undermine it it may peel
right up, and get rid of it. The whole pool will probably fit in one or two
30 yard dumpsters, they don't usually make them that well. Fill it with
clean fill and top off with 6 to 8" topsoil. Not the cheapest way in the
short term but it may save headaches and money in the long run.