Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Anyone heard of "rotton stone"?

Sun, Jul 2, 2006, 8:18pm (EDT+4)
(Bruce*Farley) doth claimeth:
A friend of mine sent me this message today and I said I would see if I
could find out anything.
I am looking for a product called rotten stone snip

Hypertext Webster Gateway: "rotten stone"
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48
(gcide)
snip{Rotten stone} (Min.), a soft stone, called also Tripoli (from the
country from which it was formerly brought), used in all sorts of finer
grinding and polishing in the arts, and for cleaning metallic
substances. The name is also given to other friable siliceous stones
applied to like uses. [1913 Webster] snip

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal