Sunworshiper

Default Filling in old swimming pool--some metal content

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:17:47 GMT, ff wrote:

A neighbor has an old pool which is really poor condition and would like
to just
fill it in and use the space for something else. Question is, what is
the cheapest
and easiest way to fill a big hole in the backyard as far as labor and
materials?
Preferably a do it yourself job, no backhoe available. Just a pickup and
some
wheel barrows. It's 8 feet at the deepest and about 12 x 20 ft.

I was considering sections of corrugated steel culvert pipe surrounded
by rock and gravel but I'm no civil engineer.

ff

The idea of jack hammering a hole in the bottom is intriguing , but I
don't think it will help much. I would re-do it and sell the house if
they're sick of it. If they really want it gone , I would just jack
hammer the deck up and toss it in , that will get you 4" down. Then
call a pool excavator and when they get a job close by they will just
dump loads in the street and mini Bob Cat it in. Better yet , get them
to do the whole job cause they will have a hammer for the Bob Cat and
it will be done in one day. In Vegas it could be done for maybe under
$800. Call them up and ask , sure beats 50,000 wheel barrow loads !

Buy a skate board ! Have the deck removed and raise fish ! They
could have fun catching them and make the $ for the excavator.

Where are you ? They got a vertical mill to trade ? I get slow in
the winter time.