SteveB

Default I need a welder

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
Grr, damn flux isn't working on this rusty 1/4x1 1/4" flat bar...
(yeah, I know, clean off the rust, so what.) Plus I burn 5-10 minutes
of propane each time I try brazing this...
I need a welder!!!

This thing looks pretty lame but do you think it would be worth it?

Mom and Dad have a severe aversion to anything over 4 cents..

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson

No offense intended in the following message:

NO! You need to learn how to weld. You can do a LOT with just an AC?DC
welder that you can buy anywhere used for about $100. From there, you go
from there.

An experienced welder can take most anything and make it work. An
inexperienced welder can take the best machine out there and mess things up.
How do you get experience? By doing.

Go take some courses. It is infinitely cheaper than buying welder after
welder. Once in a welding circle of friends, you will probably find many
more deals far better than this ebay cheap-O!

Once you learn to weld, buy good machinery because it will last, it will
make you money, and you won't outgrow it as your skill, knowledge, and
talents increase.

I know this doesn't help you much now when you really want to get going.
So, go sign up for some classes, get your feet wet, and be able to make good
choices based on your OWN knowledge. Talk to anyone who will listen, and
anyone who has a welder.

Save yer dough until you are SURE. You can fry Franklins at an amazing rate
when you are starting out.

Steve, who has been welding since 1974. Underwater. Topside. x-ray
certified. ex-steel erection contractor. Presently owns welding machines,
and welds.

Good luck. Have fun. And remember ............... this is not a test. You
WILL make mistakes. Just study in advance, and learn when you do make a
booboo. As long as it doesn't cost you a finger, no big deal.