Grant Erwin

Default Filling in old swimming pool--some metal content

If there is a clear path so a truck can back up to it from the street,
then you can contact tree pruning/removal outfits and ask them if they
would divert their wood chip truckloads to the pool for awhile. Those
guys have to pay to dump those wood chips, and they just love it when they
find places willing to take them for free. They will rot down to dirt in
a couple of years and will then be entirely suitable as a soil base. In
essence, you don't do anything and just let them fill it up. I bet it
would be full in a year.

Of course, you might live in Tucson .. oh, well.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

ff wrote:

A neighbor has an old pool which is really poor condition and would like
to just
fill it in and use the space for something else. Question is, what is
the cheapest
and easiest way to fill a big hole in the backyard as far as labor and
materials?
Preferably a do it yourself job, no backhoe available. Just a pickup and
some
wheel barrows. It's 8 feet at the deepest and about 12 x 20 ft.

I was considering sections of corrugated steel culvert pipe surrounded
by rock and gravel but I'm no civil engineer.

ff