Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical help needed

Obviously you havent sold a home recently. I did nearly 2 years ago and
ended up getting middle group to reinspect my 8 year old panel. All
because the inspection stickers date and signature had faded. Middle
group inspector thought the home inspector was a idiot. The first buyer
backed out and the 2nd buyer and home inspector put me thru the
wringer a second time, for different issues Home inspector wrote me
up for no GFCI on sump pump in garage, so I installed one and was
rewarded by home inspector #2 writing it up too, saying it should be a
standard outlet. sometimes you cant win

My LAST post on this meaningless subject.............

If the service drop needs replaced I think a entire new panel is a
better choice, but to each his own!

My opinion is based on my own poor choice of upgrading to JUST a 100
amp, not only was FPE a bad choice but the cabinet is too small.....
along with a 100 amp limit.

Honestly if my main were physically larger and 200 AMP I would just
replace the guts.

I am hoping to upgrade this summer..