Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Need "half decent" battery charger for NiCds and NiMhs

john2 wrote:

I had NiMH's in my BT 3500 synergy handsets and they usually ran pretty
warm when charging on the base units and the batts seemed cream
crackered after a year or so. I think the batteries are regarded as
semi-disposable. I used to turn the hand sets right off and turn them
on only when the base unit rang so as to stop them charging so much.

Try reading the instructions. Mine say to not leave the handsets on the
cradle all the time and let the batteries discharge regularly. Probably
because the charging circuit is crap.

MBQ