Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Drill 4" hole through 1" wood desk

Now that everyone has told you about the dangers of a drill (I agree
completely. Can be done but ...), I would do it with a router. Use a circle
cutting attachment (easily made) and a half inch bit, Cut through in small
bites. Double sided tape a board across the bottom before cutting so the
middle won't flop around when free. Smooth cut and quite safe.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi.

Any recommendations on how to drill a 4" hole in a 1" thick wood
desktop? I havent been able to find any 4" drill bits out there.

Thanks.