Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Compressor on Kenmore Dehumidifier kicks off in 5 minutes

Low freon, or dirty condensor. Try giving the unit a thorough
cleaning. Let us know if the problem continues.

Low freon is possible, as the unit uses the freon to help carry the
heat away from the compressor. Might be dirty and not be obvious that
the coils are dirty.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Pa" wrote in message
oups.com...
This unit has a clean filter and coil, with no kinks in the refrig
lines. The coil cools to about 48 degrees F. The compressor however,
heats up to 145F and shuts down. The overheat switch on the compressor
remains closed so something else is causing the shut down. I checked
another dehumidifier and the compressor was running at a constant
104F.
If I remember correctly, high temps mean low freon. Any suggestions?
Is
it fixable?