Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need connector type name for AC adapter

In article ,
ian field wrote:
There are, but the requirement is for a 12 volt AC type for low
voltage lamps fitted with a 2 pin DIN line socket. Which isn't
included on those star type connectors.

Some of the more common multi-pin din sockets will take plugs with less
pins.

The DIN 2 pin is unique - it has one large flat pin and one small round -
the OP gave an ascii drawing.

It's true that there is an intentional allowing of some pin combinations
to mate with a different socket - this was to allow a degree of mono
compatibility when stereo arrived. Hence the rather strange pin out of a 5
pin DIN designed for stereo in and out to say a tape recorder.

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.