Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electrical help needed

... new swimming pool heater... had to get electricity to it
from the main panel in the house.
I have a stab-lok panel in the house so I got a 50 amp NC0250cp bracer
that I installed in the house panel ...

See comments elsewhere on the symptoms...

Did you do a load check to verify you have sufficient excess capacity
in this panel to power another 50A subpanel? That's a significant load
and a Stablok panel implies an older service since FPE went under (over
those panels/breakers, basically, btw) quite some time ago you may be
pushing the limits of your current service (no pun intended) by adding
this large of a load from this existing panel.

I'm thinking this project could be worth getting an experienced
electrician to come evaluate the situation and advise you on whether
this is the proper way to get the power to the pool for the above
reason.

As noted, with the limited information, I've provided a guess as to
what could be the possible cause of the symptoms you describe elsewhere
in the thread but think there's a larger issue here that's worth
addressing.