Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How to dispose of large mirrors

007 wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:18:30 -0500, "Darrell Dorsey"

...second hand store. Why waste something that someone else can use.

HA ! .... the old adage of "beggars can't be choosy" does not
apply to many of these goodwill places.

....snip rant...

i suppose they don't want to be the dumping ground of all
the unwanted "junk" people get rid of....

Having been involved w/ several local organizations, I can assure you
that is a prime problem any more that didn't used to be an issue. We
had to finally close the local Salvation Army donation center simply
because we couldn't afford the manpower it took to clean up the junk
dumped in the collection centers overnights and weekends. Every
organization has to maintain its own policies otherwise they will
virtually certainly get overwhelmed.

And, while it is true that a portion of it is that there isn't the
demand for used goods in some areas as much as there once was, mostly
it is that the proliferation of "giving" for the tax benefits or the
cost-avoidance of dump fees, etc., has innundated the recipients and
they've been forced to be more selective.