Posted to rec.woodworking
Rudy

Default Dewalt charger overcharging ??

I took it up to the dewalt service center and moaned .. and they
sold me a newer one (charger) for half price.

How many volts ? How much $$

My 6 yo DeWalt 12V batteries bit the dust. They wanted about 50 bucks each
everywhere for replacements.
Then, I found the whole Kit/drill/charger 2 batts on sale for 89.00 with a
$ 30.00 rebate..That worked for me.

It came with a charger for 7.2 V to 14.4 V but the charger I already have
works fine..and I now have another new DeWalt drill (I dont need right now)

No wonder I bought the 18V Ryobi outfit lately:

3 spd hammer drill $ 49.97
Charger $ 19.97
2 Batteries $ 39.97

The whole set up for $ 110.00 Thats the price of 2 Dewalt 18V batteries