Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike_in_SD

Default Dewalt charger overcharging ??

If I let my drill battery charge for 1hr or so it works really well.

If I leave it in the charger over night and use it the next day, its
junk, with barely a charge.

You would think the thing would do a fast charge and then go to
a functioning trickle charge so you could keep in on there for
ever and use it when you need it.

It has done this since new

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Mike_in_SD wrote:
If I let my drill battery charge for 1hr or so it works really well.

If I leave it in the charger over night and use it the next day, its
junk, with barely a charge.

snip

Talk to DeWalt.

A few years ago, they had a recall.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Eddie Munster

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. They are getting him a new
charger and battery. They say it was recalled. His was one year old.

Mike_in_SD wrote:
If I let my drill battery charge for 1hr or so it works really well.

If I leave it in the charger over night and use it the next day, its
junk, with barely a charge.

You would think the thing would do a fast charge and then go to
a functioning trickle charge so you could keep in on there for
ever and use it when you need it.

It has done this since new

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rudy

I took it up to the dewalt service center and moaned .. and they
sold me a newer one (charger) for half price.

How many volts ? How much $$

My 6 yo DeWalt 12V batteries bit the dust. They wanted about 50 bucks each
everywhere for replacements.
Then, I found the whole Kit/drill/charger 2 batts on sale for 89.00 with a
$ 30.00 rebate..That worked for me.

It came with a charger for 7.2 V to 14.4 V but the charger I already have
works fine..and I now have another new DeWalt drill (I dont need right now)

No wonder I bought the 18V Ryobi outfit lately:

3 spd hammer drill $ 49.97
Charger $ 19.97
2 Batteries $ 39.97

The whole set up for $ 110.00 Thats the price of 2 Dewalt 18V batteries