Jonathan@Home

Default Air Admittance Valve - advice

Hi Harv,

I've been looking at these devices as I will have to do something with all
the soil pipes and stacks when I extend my house. I'm not entirely sure but
I think the air admittance device might need to be above the level of any
traps. On a downstairs loo that connects to its own soil stack, not say the
main one form the upstairs bathroom and loo, I think it might only need to
be above the height of the downstairs loo's wash basin. I'd have to go an
re read the building regs from the website that holds them to be sure. Also
look at websites like Marley or Hunter Plastics, Hunter is a small company
and might be forthcoming if you email them and ask their advice.

Cheers

Jonathan