FixerDave

Default $50 DRO?

"Ron Coffey" wrote in message
y.com...
He was kidding ....right?

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 23:00:49 -0800, "FixerDave"
wrote:

I just had a silly idea... If I made a bracket to hold my cheap

digital
calliper on an axis of my lathe/mill. All I would have to do is set

the
0
and I'd have about 6" of measured travel. Maybe a movable stop on one

end
so that range could be set to wherever I was working... maybe a

magnetic
base.

has anyone tried this or is there a problem with the idea I can't see

yet?

David...

blink..blink... ah..Dave?

Lots of them out there...

Gunner

No, I wasn't kidding. I just never heard of a "digital scale unit."
Thanks for the pointer, do they go by any other names that I can search
for?

That's the problem with most things when you get into them. How do you
find what you want if you don't know what their called? Or don't know they
exist.

David...