Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Recharge my home's own A/C

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Now, A question for all the A/C buffs-- I moved into this house in '94
and
haven't done a recharge to date. My A/C finally gave out last summer..
Is
this typical for a good unit? How often do "leaky" units get recharged?

Thanks,
Richard

Sometimes you just have to accept "disposable economy" things like that
and resist the temptation to try and fix them yourself. The unit you have
prolly cost you less than $15/year for the 15 years you've had it.

Jeff

And a new model will save more in electricity than the cot of repair. I had
a couple of old window units and was glad to see them go. New ones, though
"cheaper constructed" are lighter and more efficient.