Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Cutler Hammer fused disconnect switch repair

Peachy wrote:

I have a Cutler Hammer fused disconnect switch on the outside of my
home which serves the Heat pump. How do i access the fuses on the
switch? When I pull out the panel, I don't see fuses.

Are you SURE it's a fused disconnect and not an unfused "pull out"
disconnect?

You don't need fuses in a disconnect if there's a properly sized breaker
in the line ahead of it, servicing just the Heat Pump.

The disconnect is just there to protect service people who open it to
make damn sure there's no power to the unit and to protect them against
some clod inside the house deciding to reclose the breaker without
warning them.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia