Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default Dewalt charger overcharging ??

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:13:44 GMT, (Mike_in_SD)
wrote:

If I let my drill battery charge for 1hr or so it works really well.

If I leave it in the charger over night and use it the next day, its
junk, with barely a charge.

You would think the thing would do a fast charge and then go to
a functioning trickle charge so you could keep in on there for
ever and use it when you need it.

It has done this since new

Does it have a yellow button on the top of it? Mine has one that will
cause the charger to go into "maintenance mode"- which will charge up
the battery, then completely discharge and recharge it. If that
sucker is stuck, you might be catching it when it's near the end of a
discharge cycle.