Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.sci.physics.acoustics,alt.activism.noise.pollution
888eight888

Default Bedroom in apartment: Need ideas to buffer sounds from ceiling/neighbors

Tony wrote:
"888eight888" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks for the input and ideas, all...

Here is a sample to give you a general idea of the noises in question;
194KB...3 separate ones @ 16 seconds total.

http://m45-2006.tripod.com/cgi-bin/6...ghborNoise.mp3

Without knowing the conditions of recording, or any reference to indicate
how loud it was, it is a bit difficult to tell what it sounded like in
reality. However at a guess I would say the cause is simply a very
lightweight floor construction. Is your apartment purpose built or a
conversion?

It's a big house with apartment units, so I suppose it wasn't
originally built for that purpose.

The recording is crude - it's mono and the sounds have a lot more
impact in reality. I just wanted to show the characteristics of the
sounds.

Regarding what you said about the lightweight floor - you can hear in
the second one, as the person stomps, the floor buckles...