Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Hair clipper

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:58:08 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote
(in article ):

Can anyone recommend a decent brand for DIY hair trimming? There seem to
be so many on the market from a few pounds upwards. Preferably one which
doesn't need the blades oiling.

I've had several different ones over the years and found that the consumer
grade products like Philips, Remington etc. simply don't last or even work
that well.

So I looked at what is used in professional places and it is almost always
Wahl.

The Predator, which is what I purchased, has been in use for several years.
It performs impeccably.

The blades are precision ground and a wide range of replacement types and
accessories are available.

Difference in build quality is very obvious in comparison with the Victor
Kiam specials.

This one does need a trace of oil. However, it can be applied and wiped off
so is not an issue.

Cost is about £90 or perhaps a bit less.

In comparison with the cost of going to the hairdresser, hanging around,
having to listen to what they did on their holiday to Eyebyeza, it is
infinitely preferable.