Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Mark

Default Which tumble drier...?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:33:11 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Ours has conked out again and we've decided this time it needs replacing
(preferably before the laundry bin is full again!)

Can anyone point me at a decent, unbiased "Which?"-type site where I can
read reviews to help me decide which model to go for? All those I've
found through google so far seem very much dealer-led.

www.which.net. I think they do a free trial.

Right now we haven't even decided between condensing and vented - from
reading around this it's not clear to me which, if any, is the more
economical to run? Given that I already have a ventilation hole through
the wall, is there any justification for a condensing model?

Get one with a sensor rather than a timer. That should save some
money on running costs.

Bosch, Miele, and Zanussi usually have good products IME.

Mark