Posted to alt.home.repair
Michelle

Default bathroom - vinyl floor installation - didn't remove toilet

wrote:
What do you have in writing? If the contract says that they have to do
it the right way, then make them redo it at their expense.

Don't have anything in writing - just a verbal from the saleslady who I
ordered through. She told me he would be lifting it and replacing seal
then and said it wasn't a big deal to lift it.
My mother asked the installer straight out if he was going to lift it
when he came to do it and he said he wasn't told to. She didn't know
what to do (she is a senior) and we were having a wedding there 3 days
later - time was essential.
When I complained later another salesman at the store says the
installer gave my mother the option which is a total lie and says they
didn't tell the installer to do it as "it would require a plumber" -
another lie as their saleslady said they were going to do it after the
same installer measured it out the week before. They are a big store
and are supposed to be professional installers - obviously they are
not. I will never deal with them again as I am appalled at the service
I received.